Sermon Series: Changed, Known, Sent
The Changed, Known, Sent sermon series speaks to how being changed, deeply known and sent by God are all paths to gospel restoration. In the sermon entitled "Sent: Engaging Our Faith Where We Live, Work, and Play," Senior Pastor Jimmy Agan focuses on faith, work, and economic wisdom. If you're interested in learning more about how to engage your faith in the work that you do (including, but not limited to, the work you get paid to do), look below for a list of resources that will sharpen and encourage you. Each book listed is both practical and "poetic," casting a big-picture vision of the beauty of God's kingdom expressed in human flourishing.
Resources marked with an asterisk (*) are well-suited for small group discussion.
- *Timothy Keller with Katherine Leary Alsdorf, Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God's Work
- *Michael Rhodes and Robby Holt with Brian Fikkert, Practicing the King's Economy: Honoring Jesus in how we Work, Earn, Spend, Save, and Give
- Amy Sherman, Kingdom Calling: Vocational Stewardship for the Common Good
- Tom Nelson, Work Matters: Connecting Sunday Worship to Monday Work
- *Dan Doriani, Work: Its Purpose, Dignity, and Transformation
- Steven Garber, Visions of Vocation: Common Grace for the Common Good
- Andy Crouch, Culture Making: Recovering Our Creative Calling