Intown is a Christian church with Presbyterian leadership. That is, our leaders embrace the commitments of our denomination, the Presbyterian Church in America, but we welcome members who affirm the core of the Christian message as it has been expressed across centuries and throughout the nations. That core includes the following:
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and truthful in all that it affirms.
- We believe that there is one God, and within the unity of this one God there are three persons. These three persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit—share equally in being God, they are equally powerful, and they have all existed from eternity in a relationship of perfect love.
- We believe that all people have violated God’s design for human life, so that we are now alienated from God, from each other, and from the goodness of creation. This brokenness is beyond human capacity to repair; we cannot save ourselves.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God who came to restore God’s purposes for humanity, and for all of creation, through his life, death, and resurrection. He offers complete redemption to every person who puts their trust in him.
- We believe that the gospel—this good news about the redeeming work of Jesus—transforms the hearts and lives of individuals, creates loving community and empowers us to serve.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit dwells with and in God’s people, and that the Spirit’s supernatural power is necessary for gospel transformation.
- We believe that Jesus will return bodily and visibly to judge all people, to perfectly restore the peace of creation, and to welcome his people into that peace forever.